Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Debugging Gstreamer and testing packetizer

It was a hectic day trying to get RTP to work using Gstreamer. The receiver is not working yet. I am experimenting with Gstreamer. It is an excellent tool. I really liked it. After reading documentation and bouncing back and forth on #gstreamer, i tried the following and its variation

$gst-launch-1.0 -v GST_DEBUG=udpsrc:5 udpsrc uri=udp://192.168.1.1:1234 ! rtpbin ! rtpvrawdepay ! videoconvert ! autovideosink

but it does not work. It seems that "caps" is missing.It documentation is little hard to digest. I am trying to debug that.


On the other hand, Packetizer is missing some packets. For example, when i am trying to send an entire frame (720x3 packets) via RTP, it misses some packets e.g., packets with sequence number 16-28 are missing. I am trying to debug that as well.

I am hopeful i will be able to debug the Packetizer by tomorrow. I am hopeful to get to some point on Gstreamer by Thursday. If not, i will deal with image reconstruction in Pythonic way.

No comments:

Post a Comment